Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A brand new day!

This early a.m. finds E practicing his writing on a single line.


E's fave. pastime - to doodle on the FP DoodlePro!
Today I am in celebration of (oops! gotta clean my 'j' and 'u' keys on my laptop - my son left some oil from oily fingers on those since this laptop is located in the kitchen. :-) a brand new day, a brand new lease on life as I know it. A great big thanks goes out to my newborn baby girl who is now an infant - she is such a great baby - very easy to take care of and very responsive to all the Montessori stimulation I provide her so far. This helps make my life so much easier to manage and navigate through in a day and most importantly, I actually have time (although I am admittedly on a go, go, go mode all day in order to get all that I need done) to work with E and have a family life. She does not hoard all my time. The only thing I don't have time for now is to conduct my small business but that can wait. So happy to be living my life.......... I will be back to posting more on what we (baby M, E and I) are doing in the next post.

I am back! I was just thinking about all the go to things/activities I do with E when I am busy and in the middle of something I must get done. One of the best items has been the doodlepro which he literally 'wears' around the house out. Whenever he has free time he would draw on it and erase as quickly too. I wish he would do that on a piece of paper so I can keep it because he has drawn some awesome pics on it but would not on paper. Go figure! He loves that he can easily erase and start all over again so easily. Other things he does are the Kumon workbooks which are fun for him. We are not strictly Montessori in our house hence the colorful playroom/learning room, workbooks, etc. We gravitate towards what E likes and responds to - following the child. Of course, he also plays with building toys. I am big on purchasing educational materials/toys only. Yep! That's me. Another biggie for him is experimenting with colors in the kitchen. I let him play with food color gels and he's stays at it for quite awhile.
As for baby M, she is being sports announced to about everything we do and at her tender young age of only less than 2 months, she knows when I am about to pick her up as I routinely turn on a lamp in her room then tell her I am going to pick her up before I do. Her response that lets me know she understands is that she'll alter her cry to one of anticipation everytime this happens. We also do grasping different textures, rattles, reading, black and white mobile as well as colored ones and peek-a-boo games. In addition, we have floor time on her back only - no tummy time. We also play pulling up with song and language such as hold tight, pull up, up you go and down you go. I will be adding more as she remains more and more alert in the day to allow for more playtime.

No comments: